The Scheduler is a run as Windows Service. It may installed on any server which has access to the web service, but for the sake of simplicity it is recommended to be installed the same server as the Starfish Engine. The Scheduler reads in the jobs’ configured schedules and launches them at the appropriate times.
1. Run StarfishSchedulerSetup.msi on the desired server.
2. Select the installation folder, and the default access.
3. Click next and complete installation.
4. It is recommended to update the default web service location. To do this, open the .config file in the install path (“C:\Program Files\Technology Advisors\Starfish Scheduler\StarfishScheduler.exe.config”) with a text editor.
Near the end of the file, change http://servername/StarfishEngine.asmx to the location of your new web service (http://server_name/StarfishEngine/StarfishService.asmx).
6. A number of other options may be changed through this config file.
|SchedulePollMS||Interval in milliseconds on how often the Service should cycle to check if it needs to execute any Jobs based on the schedules. Default is 5 seconds.|
|Commit||True/False, whether Jobs executed through the Scheduler should be committed to the destination database. Default is True.|
|ChainJobs||True/False, whether Jobs executed through the Scheduler should automatically call the next Job configured in Job Changing. Default is True.|
|LoggingLevel||Level of logging to return through notification.0=None, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High|
|FromAddress||The email address notifications should come from.|
|FromDisplay||The display name of the notification email address.|
|SMTPPort||Port of your SMTP server. Default is port 25.|